Monday, October 12, 2009

Brave

So I decided to be brave and let Ryan help me make some pumpkin cookies. I usually just think about what a mess it will be if he helps me, but we actually had a lot of fun. He wasn't even too messy. His favorite part was eating the dough after it was mixed. The nice thing about this dough is that there are only 3 ingredients and there are no raw eggs. I have been trying to be a better mom and let him learn new things even though it might be messy....and so far so good. We have had a lot of fun together.





7 comments:

Matt and Serenity Stewart said...

You are a great mommy!!!! I loved baking when I taught preschool! It was messy but the kids really enjoyed it!!!!

Jen Hancock said...

love the new house! You'll have to take more pics so i can see it all! Miss you guys so much! Give Ryan a squeeze for us! Can't wait to see you in November!

Mike, Heidi, and Matthew said...

You are an amazing mom. Keep up the great work. I had a blast with you last week. Thanks for being such a great friend and for being there for me always.

Jared and Emily said...

Hmm... I should make those cookies.. I think it has been years! He is so cute in those pictures!

Shayle said...

What cute pictures, and your such a good mom!! I love Ryan helping you make cookies. We really should hang out one of these days. I don't have you phone number but here is my email and maybe we can find a time to get together. shayle.h.11@gmail.com

Danalin said...

He is so cute! It's true that it's so much easier to do things like that by yourself, but so fun to see how much these little people enjoy it. I enjoy the process so much more when my kids put on their aprons and jump on the stool to "help". :) I'd love the recipe - 3 ingredients sounds like my kind of cooking!

Silvia and Steven said...

Aww... his pictures are TOO CUTE! So what are the ingredients for the recipe? Do tell....