Friday, December 18, 2009

36 Weeks.....

So when I went in for my 36 week appointment yesterday I was thinking I was going to hear what I had heard with Ryan. He had already dropped and I was progressing pretty fast, fast enough that the Doctor told me that if I had any contractions to go lay down so I didn't have him too early. He pretty much told me I could have him any day. Well, I was pretty bummed to hear that that wasn't the case this time. During the examination I hear the Doctor say, "Wait, that's not a head, this baby is breech." Not what I wanted to hear. He told me that only 4% of babies are still in breech position at 36 weeks. They he started to tell me my options. Again, not what I wanted to hear.

So pretty much if she doesn't turn on her own, I can either go in in a couple of weeks and they can try to turn her from the outside, or I am having a C-section. My sister in law is going to be a nurse and was actually present when a patient was having the baby turned and told me that it is going to be pretty painful. Yippee. But if they can get her turned, they would induce me right then to make sure she wouldn't try to turn back. I do not want to have a C-section. It kind of scares me. The only surgery I have ever had was when I was 6 weeks old, so I don't even know what to expect. Plus Dax starts school on the 11th of January. The week after I would have the C-section. So we are praying that she will be a good girl and just turn on her own so I don't have to stay up at night worrying about what to do :)

This was a bummer to hear but I am grateful that she is still healthy and growing well. I know things could be worse. Hopefully this next appointment will go better though :)

2 comments:

Shayle said...

Oh Stephanie! I wish you the best. I have heard that turning the baby is painful, but to avoid a C-section I would give it a try. My biggest fear and James, in having Porter was an emergency c-section, which is what happened. If it comes to that know that no amount of fear can compare to having a healthy happy baby. Keep us posted. Also if you need anyone to watch Ryan we are more than willing! :)

Amber said...

I hope she's a good girl too. Recovery is definitely faster the normal way, but if you absolutely have to have a c-section I promise - it's not that bad! Andrew was a hard c-section to recover from but only because I was in labor for 24 hrs! When I had Simon I walked in and was prepped for surgery right away. The recovery was awesome - I was up and back to normal (as much as possible) right away. Besides, you can't feel or see a thing ;)

So...not that I want you to have a c-section, obviously it's a last resort, but I just don't want you to feel too worried. It'll work out great either way!