Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas and More

Well I am quite the slacker at blogging, so rather than clean my house while both kids are sleeping I decided I should blog. We had an awesome Christmas. It was fun this year because Ryan kind of had an idea of what was going on. I probably went a little over board on gifts but I love buying things for my kids. They both really loved their presents. Chloe is totally obsessed with the dolls we gave her. It's kind of funny to watch a baby sit on the floor and feed her baby a bottle. She still uses a bottle so it cracks me up. Ryan's favorite gift was probably his light saber. I will say this gift was definitely from dad. Dax loves that Ryan wakes up in the morning and the first words that come out of his mouth are Star Wars. He loves Yoda and R2D2. He loves to play his Lego Star Wars game on the Xbox, and it's kind of weird to say but he is pretty dang good at it. He is going to be just like his father.

She was a little confused about what was going on.

She finally figured out which baby that little bottle was for....

...with a little help from brother.

We wanted to take a picture by the tree on Christmas Eve with the kids in their new jammies, and it was almost more work than it was worth. Finally we got a decent one. Then Ryan wanted a turn to push the button and then run and sit down. This is the one Ryan took.




So we spent Chirstmas day with Dax's family and had lots of yummy food. Then we spent the day after Christmas with my family. It was definitely better than how I spent the day after Christmas last year. I got to go and have them try to turn my stubborn little breech baby. That wasn't the most pleasant experience I have ever had.

Ryan is growing up way too fast. He started primary on Sunday. I have to admit I was extremely nervous, but he did pretty good. Dax and I were just called to be teachers and our class got done with their break early so we sat in on the last few minutes of the Jr primary's singing time and got to see him. He was so cute! I'm glad I got to see him for a minute. Hopefully he will be able to sit on his chair a little better as time goes on. Every picture I have of him lately has Chloe in it too because he always asks me to take his picture with sister. Most of them she is screaming because he is trying to make her sit by him. He is a cute big brother.


Chloe is growing fast too. She is going to be one in 2 days!!! I can't believe how fast that went! She is definitely a mommy's girl. Some times she even cries if I leave her with Dax. Part of me loves that she needs me so much, but the other part of me that has things to get done wishes she would let me do them :) She still has her bluish colored eyes. Dax wanted them to go brown but I told him they were staying this color. So far I am winning, and I hope it stays that way! She always wants to eat whatever we are so today she got to have some rice. I think she had more stuck to her face than she even got in her mouth.



Well it's been nice being able to actually see Dax the past couple weeks. We got the Kinect for the Xbox for Christmas and it's been fun playing that together. He is a cute dad and we look forward to the day when we can see him more. He works very hard for our family and we are lucky to have him! I am very blessed to have such a wonderful (and cute) family.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I love your pics by the Christmas tree - so cute!!

Mike, Heidi, and Matthew said...

I am glad that you had an enjoyable Christmas. I have heard that the Kinect is really fun. I love your pictures. I miss you. I have been wanting to come visit but I haven't had a car for 3 weeks now. I will call you.